Thursday, March 26, 2009

Falcor Journal/Log Entry #6078265

A question of honour.

my whole life has been a struggle to survive, to life with the 2 sides of myself. a weak dragonborn physically VS hidden power within. A Honorbound dragonborn VS The Infernal Pact I have made.

it is the latter struggle I will address here now.

My Pact decrees I send the souls of those I curse and slay to the underworld in exchange for my powers, gifts and boons. which I have honored my side of this by sending those I believe are headed there anyways just earlier than they expected.

on this journey I've had a few challenges.
#1 Mathus. I'm not sure whats got into him, he seems to be shedding his scales and turning into something different which I dont understand. is he Evil? Of course, but thats not what disturbs me. It's the lack of honour on which he acts and disrespects himself, his family, and also his clan, which bothers me. I always knew I would be the one to kill him someday due to his evilness and send him to the underworld, but killing him before his actions dishonour our clan further might be a new choice I must make. I suspect and hope his continued recklessness will solve that problem for me.

#2. We left a man behind. Our paladin, Our leader, we left him. We did hole up for a day in a dangerous cave in hopes he would arrive, with no luck. we did find some chalk that hopefully we can create a trail for him to follow. When this drawf resuce is over, I will return to recover his body.

#3 grave robbing. disturbing the burial rituals of others doesn't sit well with me, but from what I understand, we only removed some discarded equipment from the grave. I have decided this is fine with me for 3 reasons.
a) why would the dwarfs leave valuable equipment in a grave?
b) why would the dwarfs abandon a site that it seemed they honoured?
c) if the black dragon had discovered it before we did (odd that it did not) and stole it, then we stole it from the dragon it would clearly be ours without question, why the difference in the chain of custody?

Thats about it. I'm still being plane shifted to the underworld without any time lapse so the others are unaware, but I'll futher that discussion at another time.

[ps. Mark don't use comment it will be buried!]

No comments:

Post a Comment